Question by True2it: Where do car insurance companies get your driving record in CA?
I hit a guys bumper while driving a company car a couple of years ago and I thought he filed a claim but the company took care of it and I never heard about it again. I’m getting car insurance and I pulled my driving record from the DMV and all I have is a seatbelt violation but no accidents. Is there another database somewhere that insurance companies will check or is it just your DMV record? Maybe this all got settled without insurance intervention and I dont’ want to pay higher fees if its not necessary. Am I in the clear?
Answer by Terry G
It’s the DMV they will check. If you were not cited a couple of years ago, then it would not be on your DMV record. You should be fine as long as you were not cited.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Q&A: Where could I check out what type of software auto insurance companies use?
- Can security companies see an expunged felony on your record?
- Is it legal for software companies to record your IP address?
- Pune – Information on LIC Health plus insurance ?
- Which insurance company claims disk prolapse operation?