Question by : What Would it take for a Call center to retreat from a country, Is my job in danger?
It has come to my attention that this Nicaraguan Government, the Sandista Government and even more specifically the Daniel Ortega government is getting increasingly authoritarian, I have read an article (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/24/2470261/ortega-unchained-nicaragua-heads.html) that once Mr. Daniel wins that he will enforce his own diplomatic relations, economic model and will destroy the opposition.
I don’t know about that, but it seems realistic I am fearful for my job, which is in a call centre, I don’t think that this developing dictator will directly pose a threat to these BPO companies, but I do think that his policies, and increase instability politically and uncertainty will just scare them off.
Surprisingly this company have tax exemptions, and they have invested 15 million bucks here, plus they have cheap labor, but my fear is that the increasingly deteriorating relations between this country and the U.S will translate into the same thing with the call centres here.
Do you think it will happend?
Thank you for your opinion
Answer by Spotty J
Nicaraguans have Internet access? Who knew?
Give your answer to this question below!
- What Would it take for a Call center to retreat from a country, Is my job in danger?
- Q&A: How do you feel when you call a company for customer service and the person answering is in another country?
- my company wants to hire some people in india for call center jobs, but does not want to go to call center?
- How many call center jobs have moved from the U.S. to India?
- Hi im working in call center in india. can i get any call center or BPO project.?