Question by Kip: What types of companies are most likely to adopt cloud-based ERP and CRM software services?
1. What types of companies are most likely to adopt cloud-based ERP and CRM software services? Why? What companies might not be well-suited for this type of software?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using cloud-based enterprise applications?
3. What management, organization, and technology issues should be addressed in deciding wheather to use a conventional ERP or CRM system versus a cloud-based version/
Answer by Val
I would not use cloud to host software with my company’s databases. If you do not value your data neither consider it to be private then cloud is alright. Otherwise, do not be surprised when your customers, suppliers, price catalogs, etc become available to your competition or just appear on the public web. The bottom line is that cloud is not for ERP nor CRM.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Software companies turn to Savvis for cloud hosting and other SaaS services
- What are the IT software companies working on cloud computing?
- How can companies benefit from using Cloud Computing?
- Looking for a software services(or)product dev company based in Pune/Maharashtra. Please reply with details.?
- Q&A: What are the new Software As A Service) SaaS based companies coming up?