Question by D: What made you go into the “area” of programming that you did?
I’m starting to get VERY close to my first degree which will be a AS in computer programming. I’m starting to wonder what companies I should apply for, and more importantly what TYPE of programming I want to do. Honestly I’d love to go into the game programming biz, but it seems the qualifications are a bit high for me now (never the less I plan to go into a 4 year to get a BS, in comp sci as well). Database programming I keep hearing is where the money is at, on the other hand business app programming seems to be lucrative as well.
So I ask, what made you decide to go into the “area” of programming that you did?
I’m talking about JOBS, not programming languages.
Answer by Rich Z
I went into embedded microprocessor programming of safety systems because that was where the challenge was – make a system that would never have an ununsafe failure. Of course the money for such a unique niche helped too.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Q&A: How do software companies decide which programming language to use.Is there a rule or stuff..?
- What kind of jobs should I look for if I want to start a career in computer programming?
- Any sites out there for good Programming jobs?
- Q&A: What companies have programming or R&D jobs in this area?
- Software Testing Vs Programming?