Question by Chick: What do you think about selling products for companies as an independent contractor?
I recently posted a ? about Avon. But I want to know about all of them! I’ve got to get some extra cash flow, so I’m researching. Right now I’m considering anything EXCEPT for companies that sell sex products. I’m a single mom of a 4 year old & I don’t feel its approriate to have those products in my home. You guys know how 4 year olds can be… INTO EVERYTHING! I work full time, go to school 9 credit hours per semester, & I’m a single parent. So I think this may be better for me than say getting a 2nd conventional part time job.
1) Have you ever sold: Avon, Mary Kay, Partylite, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, or a company not listed here?
2) How long did you stay w/the company? If you are still w/them, for how long?
3) How much did or do you make an average? What’s the profit percentage?
4) How hard was it? How much time did/do you have to invest?
5) What’s the start up cost?
I know I’m asking a lot of questions, but like I said, I’m researching. Thank you in advance!
Answer by Avon Leader
1. I have sold Avon, Mary Kay & Melaleuca. I am currently with Avon.
2. I am with Avon now for 10 years.
3. I expect to earn somewhere around $ 40,000 for this year. I am in Avon’s Leadership program and that is where I make the majority of my money.
4. With any of these businesses you must invest some time and money. The reason why I believe most people quit is because they don’t understand the nature of the business. But, consistency and committment really do pay off in the long run. If you want to be a business owner without the high overhead direct sales is a great way to go.
5. The start up is only $ 10 and new reps earn 50% (with a minimum $ 50 order) in their first 4 campaigns on all our core brochure items (which makes up most of our brochure — it includes our cosmetics, skincare, fragrances, bath & body, most of our jewelry and some of our giftables) and 20% on our fixed earnings items. What’s great is there is no stocking involved and our brochures and samples are really reasonably priced.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Are there any websites that list a companies top selling products?
- how can i get a list of companies in germany selling IT products?
- Q&A: Do some companies rig their products to break after a certain amount of time?
- Avon cosmetics products online ordering in Mumbai, Pune
- Why do companies often change the ingredients in their products/make their products taste different?