Question by Maddy_M: Software Testing Vs Programming?
I m 24, Engineer looking for a career change to software from manufacturing Industry. I know C to some extent C++ thought of either learning J2EE or .NET &C#. But friends suggested to take software testing coz
1. There are large of progrmmers are there for J2EE, Market demand going down for JAVA.
2. It take atleast 1 to 2 year to be familiar or to that level to get the job in software company.
Instead for Testing
1. I can get into industry faster (my target is 5 months time) and once into the field.
2.i can simultaneously learn prog lang to move to programming later say 1 or 2 year down the line.
what should i do?
Answer by Roland J
I would try to pick up C#. That is the hot programming language at this moment. As far as testing goes, I do not know because I have always been a developer and we never had testers that were not the clients. But that is just my experience. Good luck and the money is out there.
Give your answer to this question below!
- please specify how to register for joining in software companies for the software testing course.?
- Q&A: Software Testing Companies in Pune?
- Can someone tell me a list of companies offering software testing services in Melbourne ?
- Is pair programming really used in software companies?
- Software Testing Companies in Pune?