Question by rockon50: Why are some companies listed twice on the stock ticker with different prices?
While watching one of the news channels today I noticed the stock ticker at the bottom of the screen list some companies twice. Example, companyA 1K@24.73 ^.14 and then again companyA firstname.lastname@example.org ^.10. I’m kinda lost when it comes to the stock market. Can someone explain this?
Answer by Leroy J
There are companies that have different sets of shares like Chipotle Mexican grill, CMG and CMGB. Also Mueller Water Systems, MWA and MWB. I think they just start out with a public offering of the shares and then want to raise more capital some time later, but don’t want to dilute the stock price, so they make a new set of them.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- I would like to do up a website to list companies thats is going to go public in a stock exchangIe?
- How do companies make money when you buy a stock?
- Can publicly traded companies sell options on their own shares?
- What is the average income of stock investor in India?
- What are some companies that i can buy stocks in for alternitive energy?