Question by : How to get into a Consulting Career?
I am a Computer Engineer and have been working in ther IT Industry for almost 2 years now. Prior to this i worked for an International BPO, Convergys(joined just to kill time).
I wish to pursue a career in Consulting and i am willing to move into a Consulting Profile like an Analyst or something.
I am not in a position to go for an MBA right away due to some personal reasons and i really do not want to carry on in this whole Software thing.
Please help me out.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Answer by icprofit6000
Most of the consultant I know have years of experience and several have PhD in their field. You need to be an expert in a specific field and has a wide knowledge of the subject matter.
You need to network with other expert in the field. Usually involve attending conference which may involve presentation and/or papers.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Can anybody give me a advise regarding a career in consulting?
- Question regarding career in SAP?
- Q&A: How do you choose between a career you’re good at and a career you like?
- I want to make career in Career COunselling…Can you tell that do you need a career counsellor?
- Help needed in SAP-career ! (Urgent)?