Question by rupak_kp: Credit Card Fraud related to Axis Bank?
Recently I received a call from Axis Bank, Pune mentioning that one credit card has been issued in my name in Pune and outstanding amount for the same is Rs 69000. I am a resident of Chennai for last 6 years.The call centre guy asked me to pay it asap and started asking my details like DoB, company ID, Mobile no. etc. Can anyone please help me by letting me know whether anyone has come accross similar situation.What Should be the best approach to come out of this now?
Answer by Chris C
Did you open the account or was it opened by someone else? Find that out first. If it wasn’t by you you can file fraud charges and see about getting a notation on your credit report that this was in error and have a lock placed on your account. If it was a call center get the toll free number to customer service verify it on banks information. Also get the agents name last name’s initial and the operator Id. This can be verified when you call the main office.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Credit Card Fraud related to Axis Bank?
- Internet credit card fraud prevention?
- Can the credit card companies charge your bank account or withdraw money from it somehow?
- What are the important points to be checked while purchasing a Credit Card?
- What do credit card companies base your credit limit on?