Question by $ itara A: Can someone guide me through Software Testing Career…pls!?
I am interested in software testing ( manually ). anyone here who is in the feild can guide me on what classes do i take..? i dont want to take all computer classes and waste my time..?
my main goal is to get a job in software testing in 3 months.
thanks a lot for your help.
P.S : i am in bay area, so any additional help in the area would be great. like if you know any company HIRING and all.
thanks again guys!
Answer by kako
Software testing does not need a software degree. But remember that you do need to understand computers and how they work.
Since testers don’t necessarily need a computer science degree, a lot of non-engineers try and apply for testing jobs. So you will need to differentiate yourself from the crowd.
What computer skills do you have? Do you understand how operating systems work? Can you put together a PC? Do you know how to troubleshoot problems?
Are you organized, thorough and process-oriented? Are you a good communicator?
There are a lot of jobs in the Bay Area, but you will need something to make yourself stand out. Classes are not necessarily a waste of time.
You can use Hotjobs, careerbuilder, monster, etc. and just search by “QA” and geographic location to find jobs.
Give your answer to this question below!
- Which is more potential,mobile software testing or software testing?
- software testing jobs for freshers in USA?
- What is the average salary offered for softwrae testing engineers by companies in India? Also do software test
- Can someone tell me a list of companies offering software testing services in Melbourne ?
- please specify how to register for joining in software companies for the software testing course.?