Question by Just Me: people who work or have worked in any customer service job?
have you ever had someone screaming and cussing at you over something so stupid?
if so what did you do?
i just got cussed out for about 10 min. by a guy because his credit card declined and that was some how my fault. it only stopped when i threatned the cops
Answer by Don’t Stop the Music ♪
yes, I worked on the tills in Boots during the christmas period, that was my first mistake because so many people are stressed during this time
anyway Boots had an offer on clinique make up I think it was, if you spent over a certain amount of money then you got this free clinique make up bag. Anyway so some guy comes to the till that spent the correct money for the offer but he was like I can’t find the bag….so I went to search for it but it wasn’t of the shelves. So then I was like ok I’ll go check in the backroom for you, which takes forever might I add, so I’m leaving all my customers to go help this guy. Unfortunately we had run out due to the store being so busy, the offer is subject to availability anyway….so I told him this and he just started having a huge go at me as if it was my fault. In the end I just go well I’m sorry there’s nothing I can do about it, if you want to make a complaint then feel free.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Have you ever worked in a customer service job dealing with general public in the private sector?
- Q&A: Why are people such as*holes to people in customer service jobs?
- Q&A: Has anyone ever worked in customer service at Morgan Stanley?
- Why do people in customer service jobs think it is more polite to call people by their first names?
- Q&A: Now I can see why people don’t like call center Customer service jobs?