DVD: www.amazon.com thefilmarchived.blogspot.com Field artillery is a category of mobile artillery used to support armies in the field. These weapons are specialized for mobility, tactical proficiency, long range, short range and extremely long range target engagement. Until the early 20th century, field artillery were also known as foot artillery, for while the guns were pulled by beasts of burden (often horses), the gun crews would usually march on foot, thus providing fire support mainly to the infantry. This was in contrast to horse artillery, whose emphasis on speed while supporting cavalry units necessitated lighter guns and crews riding on horseback. Whereas horse artillery has been superseded by self-propelled artillery, field artillery has survived to this day both in name and mission, albeit with motor vehicles towing the guns, carrying the crews and transporting the ammunition. Modern artillery has also advanced to rapidly deployable wheeled and tracked vehicles and precision delivered munitions capable of striking tarkets at ranges between 15 and 300 kilometers. There exists to date no other singularly effective all weather fires delivery system which rivals the modern field artillery. Types * Field guns – capable of long range fire * Gun howitzers – capable of high or low angle fire with a long barrel * Howitzers – capable of high angle fire * Infantry support guns – directly support infantry units (mostly obsolete) * Mortars – lightweight weapons that fire …
- Vietnam War: The Battle of Con Thien (Part 1)
- Fire Power: Artillery in the Korean War
- engineer 2004 passout and like to know if i can get any job in software field . i am currently working in tech
- how i can get job in software field? I finished M.sc(IT) with .Net certification?
- i m doing B.SC IT from india(pune).iwant to do my masters in internet field.tell me about the colleges?