Question by Jason D: Is it still common for companies to offer a home buyout options as part of a relocation package?
I think not having a buyout is a deal killer, but I also understand why an employer would be gunshy. Any HR types with big companies want to weigh in?
Answer by W S C
Yes, depending on the position. It is also common to write a recovery fee into the agreement so that a person can’t relocate then quit for another job in the first year (or two, etc.).
What do you think? Answer below!
- What’s the most common software program that companies use for their accounting?
- Q&A: What are some good companies to recover data from hard disk?
- When interviewing what is the best way to inform other companies that you have received another job offer?
- Are companies able to legally access your home computer and hack into your account? What is the legal recourse?
- Q&A: Are there any companies that offer extended service contracts on modded cars?