Question by : I recently started job in call center,but my colleagues says its scam.how can i know its scam or not.?
i’m science graduate and i was jobless.i like call center job but i didn’t know that its scam
Answer by Doctor Deth
what colleagues? do they work there?
it;s a scam if you don;t get a paycheck after your first couple o weeks.
did you fill all all normal new hire paperwork – I-9, W-4, job application, etc? IF not, then they may not be legit or you may get a 1099 instead of a W-2 and you’ll have to pay all your own taxes including the portion of FICA taxes that the employer is supposed to pay – and if they DO NOT give you a paystub showing withholding taxes, etc, then they are violating federal labor laws because a job at a call center would not qualify a 1099 type consulting position – it’s an “employee” position and requires a W-2 and paystubs and taxes being withheld, also – if they treat you like a 1099 person, I guarantee they will not be paying into the unemployment system for you so if you get terminated, you will not be able to collect unemployment benefits
Give your answer to this question below!
- i recently started job in call center,but my colleagues says its scam.how can i know its scam or not.?
- Q&A: All the work at home jobs I find is a scam. Is The National Work-at-Home Employment Center a scam?
- call center pay in India for US citizen?
- What skills I require to get a Call Center job?
- Q&A: Call center job at a bank advice?