Question by ypalacios1982: how to start a business in the software industry? ?
what factors which could make the difference between success & failure? can small startups hope to compete with companies such as microsoft & intel?
Answer by Joanna Lees Castro
Number one: have a crystal clear idea of your target customer and the specific pain point that your software product/service is solving. There are lots of companies with a solid business in the software industry… the key is to focus focus focus on a niche where you have a clear value-add and can differentiate yourself from the big guys.
Software Marketing Advisor
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- I’m starting a job as a Business Development Manager for an ERP Software company – what books should I read?
- Q&A: If I were starting a small business in the software industry?
- Q&A: What are the pros and cons of creating a business in the software industry? factors that go into succ/fail?
- Q&A: What stage of the industry life cycle is the business process outsourcing industry in?
- Scope of Mechanical engineer in Software industry.?