Question by Ankur G: How to short list a vendor for helping my firm in its IT needs?
I want a new CRM for my firm. How do I form an initial short list of companies that can help me build that solution and the one’s that I will finally send out my RFP to?
Answer by Aunty Enigma
You listed this under ‘small business’ so I can rightly assume you don’t have a large amount to spend. You should look at other small businesses, even new ones by graduates. CRM is a relatively “new” thing in marketing degrees taught in the last 7-9 years. Start with the good old Yellow Pages under “marketing consultants”, “business consultants” and “small business advice” and phone to chat to them. You could search for the same on google and go to company web sites.
Your short list will depend on your criteria. Your criteria should be based on your business objectives, target market/current clients &/or future target, your strategies, product or service, and generally industry trends. Only you can answer that.
Also, in the I.T and C.R.M areas it is not essential to hire someone or a business with years of experience – sometimes they’re just stuck in an old way of doing things. I.T & CRM online are relatively new and ever changing, so you need to get people to communicate ideas on how they will benefit your company. Send your RFP to those with written ideas that are both practical & creative.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Q&A: Need advice !! I want to start up my own firm, can anybody share their experience and views on this ??
- i have been offered a job at target software firm in bangalore india?
- Can companies that make personal care products refuse to send you their ingredient list?
- Can anybody please suggest me how I can improve my firm’s business performance?
- Q&A: basically a hardware engineer,i have been selected to work in a software firm how can i contribute to software