Question by marcelluswallace: How do I get a job in software sales?
I’m a sophomore business major in college right now. When I graduate I want to get a job selling software for IBM or some kind of enterprise software company. How would I go about getting a job when I graduate? Are they any kind of internships that I can do while I’m in college? Do I have to have a degree in a computer related field?
Answer by Robin
Salespeople don’t need to be programmers, but if you want to get into sales for a large computer company, you should be technically oriented. I would take some technology courses that you can list on a resume.
Are you sure you want to be in sales? It’s very hard work; requires persisitence, ability to take a large amount of rejection on a daily basis, and experience. Most young college grads have a tough time in sales, but if you stick with it, are successful. Try asking your friends to see if any of them have parents who are in sales. Then ask if you can talk to them about what their job is like.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Graduate in sciences & did software courses , how to get jobs in software companies?
- Q&A: Am new in software field , now i got a job in software company..thy are asking me to select the domain for tra
- If i work for a Software company’s BPO…..Can i move towards software(Technical) side later..?
- if will get the job in software company what kind of jobs i ‘ll get to perform .i have done c++.?
- Advice on software job offer decision?