Recently I received a call from Axis Bank, Pune mentioning that one credit card has been issued in my name in Pune and outstanding amount for the same is Rs 69000. I am a resident of Chennai for last 6 years.The call centre guy asked me to pay it asap and started asking my details like DoB, company ID, Mobile no. etc. Can anyone please help me by letting me know whether anyone has come accross similar situation.What Should be the best approach to come out of this now?
- Q&A: Credit Card Fraud related to Axis Bank?
- Internet credit card fraud prevention?
- Can the credit card companies charge your bank account or withdraw money from it somehow?
- How long will it take credit card companies to lower their interest rate now that the Fed has lowered their’s?
- Q&A: Is it illegal to charge a credit card for items that are not available for shipment?